Saturday, October 27, 2012

Nollywood actor Kenerics

Nollywood can indeed boast of multiple talents. Ken Erics , one of the latest breed of Nolly Stars engages us in a conversation. He is one actor whose career has been steady on the rise and has gathered massive fan base owing to his dexterity in role interpretation and standard. Also a powerful singer and instrumentalist, A thorough breed and an engaging gentleman with intellect. We caught up with him at one of the movie locations in Enugu and we had a good chat. Below are d excerpts..
    FOR MY READERS WHO MIGHT  NOT KNOW YOU BEFORE NOW, COULD YOU TEL US A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF? .
    .
    Kenerics . . . . . I'm ken erics. An actor and into music as well. A theatre arts graduate of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra state. I also hail from Anambra state


     
    when did you start acting?



    kenerics. started acting seaven years ago




     Hmmm. So would you say it has been an easy road?



     








    Kenerics. It really hasn't been an easy road. But with God all things are possible. There are hitches here and there, but with determination,perseverence and prayers we get along well. . . . . . .



    I must say you are a good actor, I watched the movie "Illiterate" you acted alongside Tonto dikeh and I must say you did a good job, never knew you are a comedian too. Tell me was it hard interpreting that role? . .




    Kenerics. Yeah that's actually one of my favorites cos it really was something out of d box. It was a role that actually stretched my mood intensity. When I got d script I fell in love with it after reading and decided I must give it my best. And I thank God it came out fine. The movie would make one laugh and cry at different points. Its was a challenge I'm happy I took. . . . . . . . . .



    Who is your role model.



    kenerics. Let's say I have a couple of actors that inspire me Al Pacino is one legend I respect. Also sean connery. Closer home, RMD inspires me a lot for his versatility, then Ramsey Nouah , the guy is deep! Sam Dede also does it for me. I also learn from every single actor small or old. That's my trick



     So many young boys would want to be actors, what are you advice for them ?


    kenerics. . Acting is a passion. If you want to be an actor, make sure you are passionate about it. That's the only thing that keeps u going when the going gets tough. Most people who want to be actors for fame and fortune often get disappointed . Above all train your talent. Its not just enough to be talented. You also need to train so as to develop a stronger talent for your talent. Then work hard and pray! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

      Now you have fans all over the country and beyond, I remember the time you were in my street people practically wanted to jump on you, how do you deal with all that?



    kenerics.. It comes with the terrain of our job. But its nothing to worry about or become egocentric with. People normally appreciate artists and its joy when one is appreciated. I'm glad my works influence people and I never take that for granted. I love and respect all my fans becos without them there would be no me. I ll always do my best to make them proud


    You were in lagos recently to be a part of a big budget movie, tell us a little about the movie and when is it likely to be out?




     

    Kenerics. Emmm. Well I actually did two movies in lagos lately, GUILTY ADDICT and THE WITNESS. Solid cast and story line. I played a radical lawyer in one and a distressed husband in the other. I wouldn't want to give details. Just keep you fingers crossed. They will hit the cinemas soon. But I promise my fans different dimensions of me in these movies. I'm positive they'll make their marks when out. They are both big budget movies for the creen.
     

    Who is that nollywood actor/actress that you can give up most things to work with?

     
     

    I'd rather keep that to myself for now. Time and chance make all things work. I just focus of my craft and do every role justice.


     What are your advice for fans out there, who ld want to be like you?




     


    kenerics Focus! Determination! Hardwork! And above all, Prayers! With these the sky would be their spring board!



    Is been great chatting with you and I am looking forward to seeing more of your movies. You are really an inspiration
    .

    kenerics... Thanks a lot. My pleasure!.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment